All About Electricians Journal News

How to Avoid a House Fire or Shock at Your Own Risk

Feb 5

Electrical safety hazards are present in any office, house, or business because of the modern dependence on energy. These hazards can be avoided by being alert to the possible dangers and taking measures to eliminate them. These are the seven biggest electrical hazards that can be found in homes and are well taken with electrician Milton.


Good quality wiring must comply with safety standards to guarantee safety. Electricity surges fire arc faults, and other dangers can be caused by unsafe wiring. It is recommended that you hire an expert electrician Milton instead of doing electrical work yourself.

What are the dangers associated with electricity at home?


A higher risk of an electric crash could be the result of damaged, worn-out, or corrosion-prone cables. To be safe, have your wiring checked by an experienced electrician. If necessary you need to replace or upgrade your older and damaged wiring.

Some of the risks are:

  • An electrical outlet or switch with faulty or loose connections

  • Frayed extension or appliance cords

  • Pinched or perforated wire insulation could be caused by a chair leg resting on an extension cord for instance.

  • The cracking in wire insulation is caused by heat, age corrosion, bends, and heat.

  • Cords or wires that have been overheated

  • Electronic items that have been damaged

  • Rodents have bitten through electrical wiring.



Bathrooms, kitchens, and other areas of living should be located far from the water supply. Electricity conducts through the water. So, it's crucial to keep outlets out inaccessible to the source of water.

Make use of a hair dryer or radio or phone in the tub close to the pool, or on any wet floor.



Electric equipment should not be handled with wet hands, which increases the danger of electrical shock. A lot of people use the hairdryer right after coming from the shower. Appliances must be kept away from sinks, bathtubs, showers, and even faucets.



It is commonplace to pour water on electric fires. If there is an electrical fire, do not pour water over the flames, as it can only increase the intensity of the fire and result in electrocution. Keep a fire extinguisher handy in case of an electrical fire. You can use it to replenish water in an emergency. If there's no fire extinguisher, switch off the power or leave your home, and then call the fire department.



Infants and toddlers at the beginning of their lives are naturally curious and hungry for knowledge. It is essential to keep an eye on children at this age all the time Parents and others who are expecting children should take extra precautions to make sure they are safe.

Powerpoints with Extra-Safe safety can be placed in any electrical outlet within their reach and reach. These powerpoints can be substituted with normal powerpoints. They protect sharp objects out of the socket and protect fingers. Infected sockets can lead to serious injury if not adequately covered.



Extension cords should be properly secured to prevent tripping and accidents. Use plastic socket covers to cover unused sockets. Extension cords should not be used as a long-term substitute for additional power sockets or to be used for too many appliances at one time.



Lightbulbs aren't often thought of to be dangerous to electrical services, but when they're located near combustible objects they could trigger sparks from electrical currents. These include draperies, fabrics, and upholstery.

Like any other source of electric shock, electric shock can be caused by lighting. Always turn off the light switch prior to replacing a bulb. Never touch or replace a bulb with damp hands. To avoid overheating, always choose a bulb that has a suitable power level.

MRF Electrical pty ltd

Chermside West Brisbane QLD 4032

07 3184 4189,151.9889561,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x92a49151e096551b!8m2!3d-27.2801029!4d153.1102156?authuser=5